Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My “Best - Worst” of 2009

2009 was the year that I really worked on my macro skills. I've learned that perspective is really important, and that I need to make sure that there is something else in the photo to help reference what the macro'd item is, since if I focus in so close, viewers may not be able to tell what the heck it's a photo of, if the photo is not titled (something I often come across on another favorite meme, Macroday). And I'd like my photos to be able to stand on their own without a title. Overall I think I've made some great progress. (You can check out all my macros here).


But 2009 also brought frustration with the delay on the shutter for the new compact camera I use. I was willing to spend the money on something with a faster shutter, but none of those will fit in my pocket, which is an absolute necessity for me, since I am never without my camera. So I went for the long zoom, but with such a long delay on the shutter, no amount of tweaking and playing is going to capture movement fast enough. (Believe me, I've tried.) So until the technology improves on the compacts, for me the action shots will always be hit or miss. (Hey, at least it's in focus.)


Two 4 Tuesday is a photomeme where the weekly challenge is opposites; hence the title of this photograph. The options are to post:
  • a single photo that captures both themes,
  • a single photo on only one of the themes,
  • or two photos capturing one theme in each photo.
More information about Two 4 Tuesday, and links to other participants can be found here. And don't forget to vote for your favorite!

No comments: