Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"My love of Renaissance Faires"

The Monthly Project over at Photoblog Challenges is a "Free Project"
for July, and it didn't take much thought to come to the fact that I would
be featuring photos from my Renaissance Faire collection.

I've been to twelve Renaissance Faires over the years, and don't see
myself stopping. In addition to the fact that they are such visual feasts
for the eyes, they also offer great entertainment. The absolute only
thing I can complain about is the fact that the backgrounds are often
less than flattering, and almost guaranteed to be cluttered. Here though,
I've managed to find several that are not too bad:

There is always lots of music to be enjoyed...






And lots of fire...






And jousting and swordplay...






A storyline, with talented actors, that's always fun to follow
around as they perform different scenes around different locations...
(Here Little John enjoys the moment of Robin Hood's capture.)



And wandering improv that you can stop and enjoy any time...



And amazing sets (especially at the one in New York which has permanent
structures set up)...



And finally, either fun or creepy acts, depending on your perspective...






If you scroll down further, you can check out images of Renaissance Faires
that I've posted in the past.

In the meantime, please check out more "Free Monthly Project" entries at
Photoblog Challenges and be sure to vote for your favorite!

No comments: